Finally I managed to finish the first unit of Napoleonic British Line Infantry. It took about six weeks which was longer than I expected. Previously I calculated with a unit per month but some events outside the workbench claimed my attention. Especially the IIHF World Cup which took place in Finnland and Sweden for the last two weeks. On Suinday evening Russia won the final game 6:2 vs. Slowakia and became Ice Hockey world champion once more.
Congratulations Sbornaja !
So only the Stanley Cup still running... I feel summer withdrawal symptoms comming...
However back to business. Here are some pictures of the finished unit. 24 men for a standard size unit for Black Powder. I decided to paint for men representing the flank companies and 20 as center company soldiers. Later I'ld like to add a mounted colonel and maybe four other flank company guys to enlarge the unit a little.
Enough words have been exchanged; now see some results at last (quotation freely adapted from Goethe's Faust):
|The finished 44th Regiment of Foot "East Essex" belonging to Generalmajor Sir Denis Pack's 9th Brigade at Waterloo|
Basing isn't finished yet as you see but I couldn't wait to present those guys finally. Six weeks of work and waiting broke down my patience.
Additionally I'm not sure wether I like to colour of the sample base.
Here's a close-up of the two ensigns bearing the Regimental Colour (the yellow one) and the King's Colour (the altered Union Jack):
|The flags were printed, sealed with varnish, glued and bent... I'll present a tutorial later...|
Some further pictures:
|The command base with Sergeant, Officer and Drummer, the two Ensign behind them all on the sample base.|
|The troops on the right wing...|
Please excuse those quick shots. I'll try to provide some better pictures with terrain during the next days.
I hope my humble word finds kind judgement under your ambitious eyes. Please don't hesitate to express any critique, suggestion or midget lod...