Thursday 24 April 2014

Many thanks to the Kind Lurker !

As you all know Salute 2014 took place about two weeks ago. This year the South London Warlords were offering a very nice special miniature: Commander Colin Maud sculpted by Michael Perry. A miniatures under which's spell I was from the moment I saw a preview picture of it painted by luminary Kevin Dallimore. Therefore I sent an appeal for help three weeks ago hoping that one of the fellows visiting Salute might have a spare copy of the figure they wouldn't need. Fortunately an Irish gentleman affirmed that.

Although he calls himselv The Angry Lurker I experienced him very kind and helpful. Yesterday I received a letter from the UK and what he put inside simply delighted me:
When I opend the envelop I found even more than the desired treasure. In addition Fran sent me Kevin Dallimore's painting guide and a special edition counter by Warbases. I didn't even know that the latter existed so I was exceedingly excited by this nice surprise.

Many, many thanks to you, Kind Lurker !

Still faltering I proceeded with painting the rude Scotsmen. Hopefully I'll have them finished this weekend. I used a slightly different painting technique as for most miniatures during the last years avoiding Quickshade. Actually I'm really satisfied with the result and will present it as soon as possible. At Paint Table Saturday #25 at the latest...

18 comments:

  1. I noticed Mr L lurking about on Beast of Wars latest Vid of Salute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you received them Stefan.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frans a very nice chap really, despite what people say about him... ;-)

    Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet of Fran to do. A painting guide by Dallimore is a thing to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice gesture Fran !!!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie! A gentleman and a scholar that Francis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find Fran to be altogether a Pleasant Lurker. Perhaps a name change is in order? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fran is going to have to change his blog name as he doesn't seem to be angry or a lurker. Nice present.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not all Lurkers are evil it seems.

    ReplyDelete