Monday 1 June 2015

Dark Ages Pit House finished.

Last week I finished a model that I started a couple of weeks ago. Somehow with terrain building I'm even slower than with painting. Anyway finally The pit house for my Dark Ages village is completed:
It's one of the wonderful resin kits Stronghold Terrain produces. Elmar and Mirco have an excellent range of buildings which were modelled on buildings within a German outdoor museum.
The kit includes a solid and wonderfully sculpted baseplate, the six or seven part building and two straps of teddy fur to tile the roof with. All the pieces were cast crisp and clear and needed literally no cleaning. They fitted very well and I used two-component adhesive to glue everything together. Except of the roof to simplify putting figures inside.
As usual I painted the house with Vallejo Model Colors. Afterwards I applied different sorts of static grass, flowers and clumb foliage to top the base off.
Judge the result yourselves but I'm pretty satisfied with it. It's a nice company for the Dark Ages cottage I built last year and most likely I'll add some more buildings to the village. Momentarily I've got other projects to bring forth but at least a wonderful furnace is lurking around my lead pile...

19 comments:

  1. A top notch Dark Age dwelling. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great grub hut, Stefan - and having gone back over some of the other pieces in your collection, I can see it's in good company!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. With such excellent kits it's even for me easy to produce such a result.

      Delete
  3. This Dark Age building is beautiful...and realistic, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking work Stefan, I had not heard of this company before you mentioned it the other day and was impressed by the quality of their products - looking forward to seeing the furnace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Michael. Indeed those chaps from Stronghold make wonderful kits which I cannot recommend enough.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking building Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That;s an excellent looking building Stefan! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, and "sits well" the environment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work! I've been meaning to collect those buildings as I think they are some of the best Dark Age buildings out there.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent looking piece of terrain! You've really done an awesome paintjob. I've the same one lying around in my man cave... unfortunately unfinished for over a year now.

    ReplyDelete